To compliment the 16 week programme I downloaded the 100% Army Fit app. It’s great!
The videos for warming up and exercising are easy for me to follow and the beginners level is so basic that I feel like I can handle it. It’s also really cool to get little medals for finishing the exercises. I like knowing that when I get a spare hour at home I can have a go at some of the exercises.
There’s no pressure and no one who I feel I am letting down by being so slow. I chose the Scottish instructor as she sounds motivational but not too angry. I’m not sure how far I will get on the levels, it’s unlikely that I will ever get 100% Army Fit but who knows? In a few years I might be cycling my way from John O’Grouts to Lands End!
The best bits:
- easy to follow videos
- warm ups and cool down videos in real time
- medals to share on social media
- nice design
- very low fitness level needed to start Level 1
- The exercises stay the same but range from beginner to elite level
The worst bits:
- GPS doesn’t seem to work
- no music during runs, the app doesn’t work if you play music at the same time
- there’s no way to set up a reminder automatically to tell you to use it (I know that sounds lazy!)
- If you warm up and cool down that’s 20 minutes gone before the real exercises begin, it’s OK on the muscular but the cardio can be very time consuming